[IP] Re: Diabetes Temporary???

> Is it possible her pancreas could start
working again??? I don't want to discourage her but there is a better way
taking needles for the rest of your life . Her blood sugar is usually 20
is around 360 she said that is normal for her .but without getting that down
she could be in for a lot of problems. Is it possible for her diabetes to be
only temperary???>

There are sooooo many myths about DM that will not die. We have had others
on this list asking the same question. It seems even some old-time nurses
have the idea that if someone is dx'd at a young age, they will *outgrow*
DM. hmmmmmm - after 52.5 years of it, I'm still waiting to grow up and out
of it. LOL  ONE statement to a newly-dx'd DMer is all it would take to
convince them it is temporary, no matter how many other *true and factual*
statements otherwise they'd hear. Too bad. She will always have that hope
that will never come.

The only thing I can say is to encourage her to continue taking her insulin
until that day she is back to normal WITHOUT insulin - cuz she can be normal
with it. (~_^)

I've learned everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the
happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.  ~ Andy Rooney