[IP] High BS 2 hurs after bfast

 We continue to have this problem with my daughter Rachel, age 4. One thing that
we have found to be most helpful (we've also tried everything) is to add at
least 1 oz of protein to the meal. If she has about 25 to 30 carbs for
breakfast. Her insulin carb ratio is 1:14 for breakfast, 1:24 for lunch and
dinner. This has lowered her 2 hour bs from over 300 to low 200's. Other meals
are about 140-180 2 hours later, this seems to be the best we can do for now.
She does appear to have normal dawn phenomenon (rise at 2am or so), in fast she
has reverse dawn - basal is .65 at 1am, then .45 at 2am. Just this nagging
inability to have a decent 2 hour number. Since she's only 4, I can't really get
her to eat really high protein for breakfast and very low carb since her 15 year
old brother is sitting there eating cereal..........Keeps us on our toes.

Mom to Rachel, 4 diagnosed 2/28/02, pumping Paradigm, 7/12/02,
   pumping COZMO 2/08/03, using diluted Novolog
David 15, non-d (bass player-punk band - doing gigs at teen birthday parties)
Wife to Phil
Mesa, Arizona            email @ redacted

Do you Yahoo!?