Re: [IP] pump to last

In a message dated 4/27/03 7:42:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Pumps last 4-6 years. Warranties generally last four years. Insurance
> companies tend to be OK to replace them after the warranty has run out and
> there has to be something mechanically wrong with the pump. My 507 C had
> sticky buttons-but worked if I persisted. My 507C seemed like a "tough old
> bird" that didn't give me too much grieh

My MM508 will be delivered later this wee, I chose to keep my 507C as a
backup.  I plan on running the 507C with the basal set at 0.  I will have to
keep it out so I will know when to replace the batteries.  I wonder how long
it will last in that state. and how often I will have to change the
batteries.  Has anyone tried this?