[IP] Re: The Price of Pumps clarification

In a message dated 4/26/2003 9:53:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> My insurance paid what I would have paid, they didn't get a discount - BUT
> some
> may if they purchase enough?? - donno
> As for supplies I believe my pharmancy gets them at a 20% discount so they
> can
> make $ of them - and I plan to (if ever uninsured) ask them for a little
> break(15% off)

Summer, the situation in the USA is quite different from Canada, where our
pump prices are clearly stated for comparison shopping.  In general, we shop
for whatever pump we want, and then later get reimbursed for the amount minus
deductible, etc.

I get Claire's QuickSets from Shoppers' Drug Mart--they do not charge me the
mark-up on the price and are now costing only $145 (Cdn) per box of 10.  I
don't know if they are making a mistake and forgetting to add their 20% on.
Or whether they figure they make enough money on the strips and insulin and
other Rxs I purchase for the family!!!  I don't want to ask!  Plus I collect
the Shopper's points on the purchases and generate quite a bit of free
shopping with them.  About $75 every 6 months.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 9