# Re: [IP] High BG 2 Hours After Breakfast

Teresa: The subject of unexpected post prandial (based on carb count)
high's in the morning has been the subject of a number of email
discourses.  There seems to be a uneasy consensus that this is related
to "dawn phenomenon"  which may be a hormone thing.  To check follow
your bg's throughout the morning w/o any breakfast.  I any case I
experience the same thing you describe but have noted that certain carbs
are really potent at kicking up the bg.  Cereals and bagels, for
instance.  I found that a single piece of toast with eggs or cheese in
the morning seems to work the best (although not consistently).
I did not understand Michael's reply.  Sugared cereals are not sweetened
with complex carbs but with simple sucrose and could certainly not help
the situation.
- Patrick [Teresa - 57 yrs old 30 yrs Type I, pumping for 8 months (hey,
just like you Teresa :-) ].