[IP] Diabetes Temporary???

I may have kind of a strange question here, my neighbour is 12 years old , she
has CF and two years ago she had a successful double lung transplant, about 3
weeks ago she ended up in the hospital diaganosed with diabetes, she is on 4
shots a day, her pancreas is definately not working at all. Anyway because I
am on a pump I had mentioned this to her, she said that the diabetes may be
temporary, I don't understand that. Is it possible her pancreas could start
working again??? I don't want to discourage her but there is a better way then
taking needles for the rest of your life . Her blood sugar is usually 20 which
is around 360 she said that is normal for her .but without getting that down
she could be in for a lot of problems. Is it possible for her diabetes to be
only temperary???