[IP] Asthema?

On 4/25/03 7:11 PM, "insulin-pumpers-digest" <email @ redacted>

> Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 21:40:36 EDT
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #240
> I have been sick about 2 months now I have been having what my doctor is
> treating as asthma. coughing, short of breath feeling very tired. My blood
> sugars have been  extreamly high My endo has raised my basal from  4 units an
> hr. to 5 units hr. It is taking twice as much insulin for my carb intake and
> twice as much to correct highs I have began to think the high blood sugar is
> not from the stress of the asthma but perhaps both are from  excess adreanal
> production has anyone heard of this?

Are you on BP or meds like it?
YMMV, but this is what happened in my own case.
I was on an ACE inhibitor for a little over 2 years and started to have
coughing fits, SOB and tiredness, and after another moth of tests tests
tests...The Pharmacist actually told me to go to the doctor and show him a
handout he gave me. This was from the Lotensin
Seems Lotensin, Vasotec, capoptril et al was causing a side effect in my
system. I since moved to Cozaar, and have had no trouble since the move to
the Losaartin med close to 7 years ago. I got off all the meds they were
giving me for the coughing and all so my BG levels improved too.

Failure is not an option....It comes bundled with the software
                                              (---Bill Gates ?)

Jenny Sutherland