Re: [IP] U500 now approved for sale in US

In a message dated 4/25/03 9:28:27 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Dear All, u500 insulin has always been available in the US (usually used in
> ER for severe hyperglycemia. I know because I just switched to u500 last
> week--what a miricle for me-- I was using >300u of humulog per day by pump
> along with Avandia!! now I use 60-80units of u500 a day(still with
> Avandia). Don't expect Lilly to help with conversion ratios (I called them
> but all they wanted was a report on the problem with the Humulog--Minimed
> didn't have any info either) Luckily I know someone who works with an endo
> in NC who got the info for me. I live in Indpls and thank goodness for the
> internet and e-mail.
Question: Why would you have to have a friend in NC get the info for you?
There are plenty of endos in Indianapolis -- I know: I see one of them. Do
you not see an endo? Or did your doc not help you?

Jan and ElvisToo