Re: [IP] Re: Doctors

 My endo was against pumps also. I started talking ot pump reps and they are th
eones that hooked me up with my current endo. I started on the pump about 3
weeka after seeing my new endo the first time,

 email @ redacted wrote:Insulin Pumpers is made possible by your tax
deductible contributions.

In a message dated 4/24/2003 8:05:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Can anyone tell me how to convince a doctor that insulin pumps are better
> than
> MDI's(sometimes 12 a day). Mine says pumps aren't woth the literature that
> they
> advertise on. I have begged him to send me to a endo but he refuses to give
> me a
> refferal. Any suggestions?

This was also my situation with a small child in Canada. The pump sales reps
were a great help in telling me which doctors within a 250 mile radius were
pump friendly for kids. One rep also gave me all her "inside knowledge" (ie.
personal opinion) about what they were like, how long the waiting list was
for appointments, etc, which was most helpful. So I picked one and phoned
them myself, asking if they would book an appointment and wait for the
referral to arrive later. The paediatrician never did send the referral, but
Claire started on a pump within 10 weeks of my phone call.

IMHO, you would be wasting your energy trying to convince your own doctor of
the benefits of pumping, he sounds too set in his ways. Try to take matters
into your own hands. Good luck.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 9

Do you Yahoo!?