[IP] Re: low carb diet???? anyone doing this

Susan, it is only partly a question of how much your basal is.  Mine
averages about 0.6 U/h.  You can't escape this fact-- there's a
reservoir of insulin at your catheter tip of a few units. It's been
measured experimentally with a radio-label.  Yes, if you stop the
basal it will be absorbed over the next 4 hours.  Your blood insulin
won't fall abruptly like Ryan said.

>size of this subcu reservoir is quite variable (a function of what is
>delivered, i.e., the basal rate and what is removed, i.e., the local
>blood flow), but could easily be as much as 5 U!

<<<<<Your dosage must be a lot. The insulin is absorbed pretty quickly. If it
peaks in an hour and is out of your system in 4. I doubt that you would have
a huge amt at the end of the catheter unless you were taking a huge amt.