Re: [IP] U500 now approved for sale in US

Dear All, u500 insulin has always been available in the US (usually used in
ER for severe hyperglycemia. I know because I just switched to u500 last
week--what a miricle for me-- I was using >300u of humulog per day by pump
along with Avandia!! now I use 60-80units of u500 a day(still with
Avandia). Don't expect Lilly to help with conversion ratios (I called them
but all they wanted was a report on the problem with the Humulog--Minimed
didn't have any info either) Luckily I know someone who works with an endo
in NC who got the info for me. I live in Indpls and thank goodness for the
internet and e-mail.