RE: [IP]"Brittle"...My rant...was...Sugar and more Sugar..warning...long post

>>some doctors would use the word Brittle Diabetic<<

Just my opinion, which has been stated here previously (a couple of years
the term "brittle" is an old one, and a subjective one, applied to Type 1
It usually means, from the medical community perspective (and a few
uninformed lay persons):
1. I haven't a clue how to help you get BG control.
2. Intensive management? never heard of it.
3. Pattern management? What is that?
4. You want a pump? What for? Oh, your diabetes is so out of control (aka,
bad), nothing else will help you.
5. Well, if you would just do xxx, and xxxx, and yyy, and zzz, you'd have
better A1c results.
6. Never mind about your other hormone levels, they have no effect on your
7. Stress? Now, what do you have to be stressed about?
8. Don't think about pregnancy or fathering a child.
9. Two shots a day are fine.
10. Don't forget to sterilize your syringes, needles, etc.
11. BG testing....never mind that, just check the urine sugar.
12. We'll have a cure in five years, so don't worry about any of this.
13. Don't eat anything labeled "sugar."
14. Don't eat anything labeled "fat."
15.  Limit your protein intake.
16. Don't eat anything "white."
17. Don't eat.
18. Don't gain any weight.
19. Don't lose any weight.
20. Don't grow.

Feel free to add any other nonsense you might have heard.