Re:[IP] paradigm silhouette infusion set to try

In a message dated 4/24/03 12:50:54 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Hello, sorry if this has been discussed to death, but
> I just got of the phone with Minimed and they won't
> send me a sample silhouette set to try unless I have a
> specific problem with the quick sets I have.  I
> haven't started pumping yet, so maybe the quick sets
> will be great, but I was just interested in getting a
> few sils to try.
> They said it was too expensive to send me a sample.

Oh, for crying out loud! You've just spent $5,000 or therabouts on a pump and
they can't be bothered to send you a sample Silhouette or two? Gimme a break!
If I had a different company's pump, that might work. Since you say you are
about to being pumping with a Paradigm, then they have your money -- and will
have for years to come, since the Paradigm uses proprietary sets.

If it were me, I would send my Paradigm back and gat a pump from a more
cooperative company.

Jan and ElvisToo