Re: [IP] Swimming/jacuzzi and the pump

In a message dated 4/24/03 4:47:06 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< What do you all do if you're going to spend time in a Jacuzzi? Do you take
the pump or bring it right in with you...I use the Medtronic Paradigm by the
way. Also, does your adhesive on the infusion set start to fall off once
been in a pool or jacuzzi and what do you do to keep it from happening? I use
the IV prep but even when I've been in the shower they start to fall off a
Any help/tips would be appreciated! >>

I also use the Paradigm and I am in the pool all time.  To keep my sites on
while swimming I use an extra adhesive like skin tac or matisol and sometimes
an adhesive patch like IV 3000 or Tegaderm.  I use the Quick-set and I think
the adhesive is already pretty strong, and usually holds well for me with
just showering once a day and swimming.  For those times when I am in the hot
tub, I usually just clip the pump to the top of my suit so it isn't totally
in the water the whole time, or if I am just going to be sitting still, I
will just put the pump right on the edge of the hot tub.  This is what works
for me.  I hope this all made sense, if not, I can try to clarify a bit more.

  Diagnosed 8-13-93 (age 11)
  Pumping since 7-18-02 with my blue Paradigm "Lancelot"