Re: [IP] Sugar and more Sugar was Fastest site change

Somebody named Mstasha said:
>One thing also to keep in mind, just because we can
>bolus for what we eat, we should always stay away
>from sugary foods, and high carbs, .

I retort:
Are you saying this for us, as diabetics, or for all
people so they can have good health?

If it's for us, as diabetics, then why should I even
have a pump?  I have been eating EXACTLY WHAT I WANT
for nearly 18 years.  I have been diabetic for over 30
years.  I have NO COMPLICATIONS.  So, you think I
should stop eating the 5 pounds of chocolate currently
taking up an entire counter in my kitchen (thank you
to a very dear friend)?  Or stop sucking down GU gel
when I'm hungry and can't stop for lunch?

If you're saying that.... then please just shoot me
now - it's not worth it!!

-gail in denver
And don't know what a "diabetic diet" looks like since
I eat what I want, when I want.

Do you Yahoo!?