[IP] Re: Who should be doing the work?

Well Zachary just turned 13 and has been pumping for 14 months
now.    He does know how to change out his sites, but just
prefers to let me do it.     Periodically I'll have him do it so it
stays fresh in his mind,  but thats it.

Back when he was diagnosed (3wks after 3rd birthday) he
wasnt too thrilled wiht the needles and finger pokes.    What
we ended up doing was allowing him to use the used syringe
and used lancet (still in lancet devise) to give a shot to one
or more of his stuffed animals and poke their fingers or paws
to take fake blood sugar readings.      He even had a boy
cabbage patch doll that his sisters got him for his first birthday
that got MANY shots and pokes.    It seemed to help a lot with
the anxiety.

Barbara A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (newly 13,  Dx 2/93, 508 2/02,
Paradigm  8/16/02,  and now ANIMAS IR1000  3/18/03 ) --------and MaMa to
Jennifer (20), Allison (17), Rachel (newly 7)
Fenton, MO