Re: re:[IP] The pumps, my earlier rant, and insurance (long again)

<<<<<<I'm just wondering what, exactly, are the supplies that you get?
Is it JUST the infusion sets and reservoirs, or does it include things
like IV Prep, any extra tape you might need, batteries, that kind of

Hi Kristen,
Let's see, under the DME  I get infusion sets, batteries, the adapters,
and the IV prep.  I don't get reservoirs because I use the prefilled
insulin cartridges.
I don't use extra tape and strips I get thru pharmacy plan, it's in a
different catagory all together.
I know my insurance company has negotiated some discounts with
disetronic and that helps some.
I'll have to look for an invoice and see what i ended up paying the last
Our insurance changed from covering well, almost everything, no cap on
DME and my copays for all the DME stuff, including my pump, were $15,
to being very limited in what they'd cover and it costing me much more.
I'm really concerned as to how we'll be able to afford another pump
after this one is out of warranty.
OH and I forgot, this year the plan changed some yet again, still have
the $2500 cap for DME but they've added another catagory, $2000 a year
for non-DME, which is what all the pump supplies come under.

Hang in there Kristen, hopefully it won't be as bad as it seems.....
I know it's hard to go from having almost everything covered but we
adjusted, it is better to have insurance rather than no insurance.

pumping since 08-00