Re: [IP] Re: low carb diet???? anyone doing this

> I just suspend my pump off for a time to counteract the lows.

This isn't really a good idea, especially if the sugar is still in the
process of dropping.  The insulin you would get while the pump was suspended
would not enter your system and affect your blood sugar for a period of time
after that, when you could be still lower than you were in the first place.

Think about it -- it is recommended you adjust your basals ninety minutes to
two hours PRIOR to the time your sugar needs to be adjusted, in order to get
the desired result.

The only safe way to suspend your pump to treat lows is to anticipate the
low coming by an hour and a half to two hours before it happens.  I don't
think most of us possess the crystal ball to do that.

It might work if you were sedentary, but I would expect rebounds instead,
because your body will produce adrenaline, etc., to try to fight the low as
best it can, resulting in an upswing, and by the time the temporary off
basal affects you, your body may have compensated with normal sugars
already.  Alternatively, you may go so low waiting for the reduced insulin
to work that you pass out.  Neither result is the one you want to

Kudos to anyone who can make this work.  I just can't figure out on an
objective basis how they actually do.  It doesn't make sense to me.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990