[IP] Betadine rather than IV prep wipes

I have found Betadine a whole lot cheaper (Less expensive for
business/salesperson people) than IV prep wipes. My motivation was my hives
outbreak- the alcohol prep wipes appears to be an allergen. However, I use the
regular bottle stuff of "hospital antiseptic" stick a q-tip in the hole -
squeeze just to get a little of the stuff to apply to my skin and insert in
that same spot. I found that I really don't have to clean the whole area of
skin. Betadine does take a long time to dry but you really just need a little
to clean the spot the introducer needle is going into. Bottom line, fast
insertions can also be done with Betadine. :-) Sharon B.