[IP] Who should be doing the work? was: Fastest site change

What about your child changing her own sites? I think I read 9 1/2yo.
That's old enough to be thinking about changing them.

Every situation is different. but if the child is doing the majority of
work, they usually will learn how to do it quick, and all you need to do is
make sure they aren't cutting any important corners.

I have a dreadful fear of needles. When I was diagnosed with Diabetes 9
years ago, I was reminded of watching TV when I was about 6 years old. It
was Sesame Street and they were teaching about diabetes. The kid had a
large shoe-box sized device he used to test sugars with. Then it discussed
taking the needle. I vowed at 6yo that if I ever became diabetic, that I
would kill myself before giving myself needles. 19 years later, and 9 years
after being dx'd I still remember how awful I felt before I gave myself
that first shot of insulin, and after I left the hospital and stopped
taking my insulin because there was no one to tell me otherwise. Wow,
There's nothing like how sick you feel after not taking insulin for a week!

Let me tell ya, your stubbornness goes away. =)

Good luck.

Disclaimer: I have no children. I have only ever taken care of my own diabetes.