Re: [IP] Re: Fastest site change

Ahh, see your problem is that you're washing your hands and using IV
prep. ;-}

I change my sets after showering. Before I hop in the shower i just yank
the insertion and throw it in the trash.

After i get out, i throw on some boxers, and grab the supplies out of
the drawer, and get to work. Swab the bottle top and my belly with an
alcohol pad, then betadine a spot on my belly. Fill the reservoir and
get it all hooked up, then betadine again and insert. You can actually
insert through the wet betadine (per Minimed and my personal
experience). As long as my body hair isn't over like 1/4 inch at the
insertion site everything stays perfectly in place for me.

Using betadine I *never* get an infected insertion. YMMV. Of course, now
that i've said something I'll probably get an infection ;-} I think it
takes me 2-3 minutes to do all this. I'm usually in ahurry since I do it
in the morning and have to go to work.