re: [IP] Trying to figure out insurance

<<<<<<If anybody is more knowledgeable than I am, and I expect surely
someone is, please enlighten me.  Do diabetes related eye exams fall
into the category of a refractive eye exam, or not?>>>>>>>

I may be wrong about the terminology but I think refractive is when you
have an eye exam for new glasses.  I had a big fight with my insurance
company in the 80's over this.  They were refusing to cover my yearly
eye exam.  I sent them a letter stating that this eye exam with an
ophthalmologist who is an MD was not to get new glasses but to check my
eyes for retinopathy which is a medical condition that takes a medical
exam to find.   They started covering it soon after.
You might ask them exactly what they mean by the term.

hope this helps,

pumping since 08-00