[IP] treating lows with suspension

In a message dated 4/22/03 8:12:24 PM, v writes:

>True, whether you're on a pump or injections, there are going to be times
>when you have a low blood sugar, and these of course have to be treated
>with sugar (

I just suspend my pump off for a time to counteract the lows.

Lest any newbies want to try this method of treating lows, PLEASE keep in
mind that insulin has a peak time and treating consistent mid-a.m. highs
usually requires adjusting the basal 1.5-2 hours prior to the rise. It would
also require suspending the pump 1.5-2 hours prior to a low. Not
recommended. Treat with 15g of quick-acting carbs and play it safe. Test and
test to see if further treatment is necessary.

Could someone ever get addicted to counseling? If so, how could you treat