RE: [IP] low carb diet???? anyone doing this

email @ redacted [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> Does anyone know the formula for figuring out how many carbs
> are recommended
> to lose weight?

It isn't carbs, it's calories (actually kilocalories = kcal).  One pound of
fat (which is what you want to lose) is equivalent to 3500 kcal.  So, to
lose one pound of fat, you need to expend 3500 more kcal than you take in.
Most men will lose weight (between 1 and 2 pounds per week) on an 1800
kcal/day diet.  For women, it's 1500.  That's along with moderate exercise.
If you exercise more vigorously, then a little more is preferred.  As a
rule, a weight loss goal should be no more than 2 pounds per week, although
most diet regimes will cause loss up to a pound a day for the first week,
but that's almost all water, not fat.

Jim Handsfield