[IP] low carb diet???? anyone doing this

talked to my doctor yesterday about the atkins diet, she said it would not be
good for a type 1, on the pump.  i was thinking of a modified version.
anyone out there doing this diet? i would love some help.  my basal is  33.6
and i am 1u to 8 carbs. total for the day  50/55. my goal will be 50 pounds.
i hope someone out there can help, looking forward to hearing from you.
thanks...........stacy b