Re: [IP] Health Insurance Rant (was college students)

Kelby said:
>and I pay almost $300/month. The
>benefits aren't the worst I could have, so I am
>grateful-- especially since I only have to pay 20%
>after my deductible was met.

In Colorado the uninsured health insurance through the
state is ABOUT $1,000 per month (the premium).  And it
ONLY covers major medical (i.e. hospitalization).  And
does not cover other family members.

My single +1 monthly premium through the group plan at
the university is >$300 per month.  The explanation
for the high cost is that our group plan also covers
domestic partners which places the group into the
higher risk category.

My premium is going up by 100% on July 1.

The state of Colorado is now looking into AUTO
INSURANCE and why our premiums are higher than any
other state.  Why the HE!! can't they investigate our
Health Insurance?????  And then do something about
it?? (I know the answer, but I'm not in the mood to
make phone calls & write letters - hence the *rant*

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?