Re: [IP] Shingles and diabetes?

Actually Shingles IS contagious, especially if any of the sores are weeping.
As a home health worker I was taking care of a man with shingles and had to
wear gloves and use sterile procedures and then wash my hands thoroughly
afterwards.  Also had to wear a disposable gown and wrap that and throw that
out after I was done.  So in my position I would say, when in doubt be VERY
careful.  IF the sores are all dried up and NOT weeping then they are not
considered contagious.