[IP] stopping exercise b4 starting on the pump...

I am scheduled for 'pump school' on May 7th and May
8th.  I currently take Lantus every night, and humalog
for meals and correction boluses.
I am wondering if I should stop exercising for a few
days to see the effect on my blood sugars?  I have
been exercising every day, and the few times I don't
manage to get my elliptical training in, I notice my
blood sugars creep up and my insulin doesn't work as
I am afraid I will have a hard time setting my basals
if I am exercising but I hate to give it up...

Any thoughts and/or suggestions?

(Type 1 for 23 years....soon to be pumping with the paradigm)

Do you Yahoo!?