Re: [IP] Shingles and diabetes?

> I have never heard that shingles is contagious. It is an inflamation of
> nerve endings but is associated with Chicken Pox.

One with shingles may not be able to give a case of shingles to anyone else,
but they CAN give chicken pox.

I remember my Dad got a case of shingles during one of my pregnancies.  I
had been to visit fairly recently, but not recently enough that I was at
risk.  He was asked if he had been around any pregnant women during a
particular period of time (how long, I'm not sure) previously and was
actually glad I HADN'T been their so close to the time for that very reason.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990