Re: [IP] Lab Tests

> Marty Chansler [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:
> > I was just wondering, I have to go have lab work done in a
> > few days. My doctor
> > ordered a cholesterol test, so that means fasting for at
> > least eight hours.
> Were you told to fast before having blood drawn for cholesterol?  Or are
> having other tests done?  AFAIK, the cholesterol test is not a fasting

Hi Jim,

I don't know if you saw this or not.  There are two types of cholesterol
tests.  One, which just measures cholesterol and be done without fasting.

The other is called a lipid profile, but is sometimes called a cholesterol
test by patients.

The reason I know about the fasting bit is that I have that test a lot.  I
think it's my doctors way of starving me into submission.  My total
cholesterol is 386 and my triglycerides are 1074  (that's down from 1500).

Have a happy day!