Re: [IP] weird emails

At 09:41 AM 4/21/2003 Brian C wrote:
 >At 10:06 AM 4/21/2003, you wrote:
 >>I too am receiving the weird emails.
 >>Can this be fixed?
 >This is Caused by a Virus infected person trying to send an email to the IP
 >list....  The person does not know these are being sent.   The IP servers
 >strip out all attachments so there is no risk of getting a virus from
 >IP  but that does not mean that you are not vulnerable outside of IP..  I
 >strongly suggest you keep your Virus software up to date.
 >We are in the process of tracking down this person.
 >Administrator of the Week

We think the person with the virus infection is connecting via Verizon.net.
If you use them for your ISP, please make sure your virus definitions
(they've probably been updated within the last 7 days) and then run a
complete scan of your system. If you have any questions, please contact

(another administrator)