Re: [IP] post-college health insurance, help?!

If you are thinking of getting school insurance you will want to check it
out.  When my husband was laid off before he finished school we looked into
getting insurance from the school.  Come to find out it would not cover any
pre-existing conditions for I believe the first 9 months so you would have
to buy all of your diabetic supplies yourself.  She explained to me that
because they are an institution they do not have to cover pre-existing
conditions even if you were previously covered by insurance.
Getting a new insurance from work if you have been insured for less than 90
days will cover all pre-existing conditions (some insurance companies differ
on the time limits)  This is what we found out when researching this problem
before his last year.

I hope that this information will help.  Remember to ask about durable
medical supplies when finding out how much they will cover.