[IP] post-college health insurance, help?!

Dear Gianna,
  I have not graduated yet, but what my mom has always indicated would be the
best thing to do after I do graduate is to stay on my pairents health insurance
for 18 month through Cobra. Cobra is program where you pay to keep insurance
that you
 already have through a group policy. You have to pay for it yourself and you
can only keep it for 18 months but you get to pay at the group rate which is
probably better than any thing some one with a pre existing condition can find
on their own.