RE: [IP] Lab Tests

Jim said:
>AFAIK, the cholesterol test is not a fasting test.

And, conversely, in my experience, I have to fast when
I have it taken.  My experience is that there are two
different tests one requiring fasting & one not.  One
is an in-office test that give a result that can
predict an *accurate* result; the other is the 8 hrs
NPO that is the *accurate* one.  (Funny, though, I
usually don't CALL it fasting - I just wait to eat
breakfast until about 9 or 10 am.  Semantics I know,
but if I could fast for a cholesterol test, then I
could fast for Yom Kippur...)

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?