Re: [IP] Shingles and diabetes?

> is associated with Chicken Pox.

Shingles is the Herpes Zoster virus - the SAME virus
as Chicken Pox.
(from this website:

It is not specifically associated with diabetes.

I had chicken pox when I was 6 months old.  My only
symptoms were a fever and TWO pox spots.  The only
reason my mother knew I had Chicken Pox was because my
brother & sister had it around the same time.

Fast forward 40 years later.  I came down with what I
thought was a painful case of acne on my left shoulder
blade.  My MD took one look and said "you have
shingles."  It was NOT bad at all for me.  Yet, one of
my other sisters (none of my siblings has DM) had
shingles and had to be hospitalized due to the pain.

Good luck.  I hope your recovery is easy.

-gail in denver
My ISP connects to google.com and I USE it.

Do you Yahoo!?