[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #224

In a message dated 4/20/2003 7:33:59 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Did your blood sugars go up after you had had your pump off for awhile, or
> did the exercise of being in the ocean keep your blood sugars down?

Playing in the surf does help it stay down.  Blood sugars never got elevated,
sometimes they drop just a bit, but mostly they stay in target range.
Because we come in for lunch, it's a good time to check and reconnect.  When
I go back out after lunch, I stay connected cuz we spend more hours out
during that time.  I just ordered one of those frio wallets so this year I'll
use that instead of our cooler.  Because I wear a bathing suit with one of
those skirty type bottoms, I can be discreet about wearing my pump on the
beach and disconnecting and reconnecting.