[IP] Re:Lantus HELP

 I have been on Lantus and Humalog  for the last 2 1/2 years.
 Lantus is like NPH.  It also has to have a short fast acting insulin =
 (like Humalog) to cover each meal.  In my case ( My weight is 204 lbs.) it
is -
 one shot of Lantus 21 units at 8:00 to 9:00 PM and then  a shot of =
 Humalog before each meal.      At each meal I eat  4 carbs and I cover =
 this with shots of Humalog: Breakfast 7 units, Lunch 8 units and dinner =
 9 units.  On the pump my best A1c was 6.7.  On Lantus and Humalog my =
 best in two and a half years is 8.1.
 I was taken off my pump when I had vascular hemorrhage into the sack that
surounds the brain and was mostly unconscious for 2 1/2 months.
   My pump Doctor  has reprint of a National magazine posted in his waiting
room nameing him as one of  "The Four Best  Best Pump Doctors in the
USA."(??)  ( "Dr. Joe" check his web site he is not bashful)
   He did not want me to go back on my pump and gave me the Lantus/Humalog
 Lantus/Humalog is a lot better than NPH/regular that I used for 45-years
 Charles Soderstrom DDS     T1  49 1/2 yrs since 10/53 at age 19