[IP] Re: Low Carb and Type 1 Diabetes

>I have been on a low carb diet for two months and I am amazed at the
>results. Has anyone else found this to be helpful in managing their

Yes -- I have been on a low-carb diet for over 2 1/2 years now.  It's been a
tremendous help in evening out my blood sugars. (and then when I got my
pump last year, my sugars evened out even more!)  It's also helped me lose
weight and (for the most part) not regain it, and since weight's always been
a problem for me (even though I'm type 1), that's another advantage!

Anyway, I'm not "perfect" on the diet, especially lately.  I've discovered I
can eat small pieces of chocolate, bolus, and not get much of a bg spike.
And, well, maybe it would have beeen better if I *hadn't* figured that out
because now I find myself eating more and more "small pieces" of
chocolate!  Sigh....oh well....putting it in perspective, I still don't eat
anywhere *near* the carbs I used to!