 >There is a new insulin that is long lastting and you take it once a day this
 >works like the basel on the pump,in than you take short acting insulin
 >before meals like the bolus.  It work really well if you have to go off the

i looked all over the internet, but i could find no insulin, called "NEW"....
might you be referring to "LANTUS" ??

if it IS Lantus, it is great, (and not all THAT new), but, is quite
constant, throughout the day...
my basal rate, goes from 1.4 to 1.0, throughout the day... it might work,

btw, i have heard lantus referred to as "the non pumpers, pump"
as always YMMV

(Example Of a Signature, Less then The Prescribed 7 Lines)
len phila pa. dxdm 1956 pmp 10/10/02   www.lenlutz.com/mydiabetes