[IP] Re: School Help Needed ASAP!!! Compromised Immune

<<  I am so GLAD you got that replaced!  SEVENTEEN?!  Guess I lost
track after twelve!  How were you able to get a replacement? >>

We finally contacted two other companies on our own.    Got Animas
to get us a loaner to try out.     MiniMed was very helpful in offering to
help convince our insurance company that their pump didn't work for
Zach and that we should get approved for insurance companies
non-preffered pump.

<<  I think Animas should be a BIG help for that.  I know they will often
their sales rep or CDE bring a replacement within a few hours.  Hope it
works out MUCH better for you. >>

He was on the loaner for almost 6 weeks before we got our own Animas.
Its working fine  :)

<<  It sounds like the school nurses truly ARE idiots.  As soon as you are
comfortable with Zachary taking care of himself, he'd probably be better off
without school personnel knowing about the occasional high. >>

Unfortunately since he has some learning disabilities, he spends one class
period per day in a resource room,  plus two of his core classes are in
a class-within-a-class (resource teacher is in room to help those students
needing more one on one).     She likes to hang over his shoulder when he
is testing to make sure what his number is.    She knows when the school
wants him to leave the building for highs,  plus when they will allow him
to make a correction bolus  (lunch time only).

Barbara A. Petzoldt - Pump Mama to Zachary (newly 13,  Dx 2/93, 508 2/02,
Paradigm  8/16/02,  and now ANIMAS IR1000  3/18/03 ) --------and MaMa to
Jennifer (20), Allison (17), Rachel (newly 7)
Fenton, MO