Re: [IP] Charcot foot

Sue K <email @ redacted> wrote:

>Is charcot foot related to diabetes? My foot isn't really swollen but I
>notice they are both really painful in the morning sometimes when I get up.

Foot pain, especially first thing in the morning and after sitting for long
periods of time can be caused by heel spurs and plantar faciitis (both of
which I have).  These are not caused by diabetes.  My sister has charcot
foot and she breaks bones in her feet easily and has some deformation of
her feet now.  She, however, has no foot pain because of neuropathy.  You
should see a podiatrist to find the cause of your pain.