Re: [IP] back to the Emla Cream

>>>For the parents that have children with D, or those who use Emla

a) Was Emla used from the start with infusion sites without first knowing if
it hurt too much?
b) Was it determined that infusion insertion was too painful, then Emla was
started? >>>

I use Emla cream - not for infusion sites, but for the two 15g needle sticks
in my forearm Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (applied it about an hour ago
for tonight's treatment). My first treatment I was given 2 lidocaine shots
and the Rx for Emla Cream. I have to have it applied 1.5 - 2 hours prior to
the sticks and it doesn't always work, depending on the *sticker*. Some of
them I won't let touch me. I was in the hospital most of the day yesterday
getting a 90% blockage of the Gortex loop ballooned open. Hopefully my run
time will be reduced now - we'll see with my next kt/v test.

For some who use the Serters, maybe they are so noisy it's scary? Those have
never bothered me. I am told when my arm calouses over, it will be much
better; I think *I* have two chances of that: Fat and slim.

Experience teaches us there is a small but important difference between
keeping your chin up and sticking your neck out.