After reading a few post, im not so sure, i agree with , "why not use your
Id think, id be nervous, on the beach... not just the heat (which  likely,
could be dealt with) , but, i just dont think, that my pump, and sand would
mix well...I'm sure we've all experienced "failed attempts", at keeping
sand away from ANYTHING,  I dont think, it would take more then a single,
grain, to mess things up, big time..... If you are going to be near a
"place", or a car (with an ice chest), than maybe you could deal with ,
"using your pump", and the way it was described, (sure sounds like it'd
work).. I do understand the situation, but, id think, youd better plan
ahead, and consult a pro, on this issue (preferably, one who knows you).
(it does seem like, it IS do-able)

another idea.... if, your only going to be away, from you pump, for a few
hours at a time, you might ask your doctor, about the possibly, of using a pen.
test every hour or so (as was suggested),  and "basal" in one hour
increments, with the pen....
(just an idea, ... not a recommendation)

(if im "full of it"), please let me know, since i will soon be, in a
similar situation, and will go with the pen idea) (only address this issue
PLEASE, i dont want to get hundreds of emails)

(Example Of a Signature, Less then The Prescribed 7 Lines)
len phila pa. dxdm 1956 pmp 10/10/02   www.lenlutz.com/mydiabetes