Re: [IP] better infusion sets off-shoot

Someone (whom I can't identify from the e-mail
address) said:
>I don't think the pump companies have much incentive
>to want to standardize any more than they have.  MM
>is bucking the standardization trend at the moment
>with the Paradigm stuff.

The MM acronym seems much too close to another acronym
(MS) for my own comfort. :)

I like that all the other companies use
non-proprietary sets and that they make their pumps
adapt to those sets (i.e. the Disetronic pumps use an
adapter to fit the luer lock to the reservoir -
instead of designing a "Disetronic only" tubing set).

I hope that the visit to Mersk (SP?) is successful in
terms of representing our suggestions and that they
see fit to implement some of them.  It is to their
advantage to incorporate our needs into their design -
after all - we're the ones BUYING their sets!!  We
just have to keep the heat on the pump companies to
keep using universal tubing & infusion sets instead of
going into the tubing manufacturing business on their

An aside: it also makes it easier for us to find sets
when we're away from home - we don't have to track
down pump-specific-sets should we be in a pinch.

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?