[IP] Re: Wee willie

On 4/17/03 9:40 AM, "insulin-pumpers-digest" <email @ redacted>

> Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 10:13:00 -0300
> From: "Barb and Duck" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] wrapped around wee willie
> This morning I was awakened EARLY by a phone call from a friend of mine who
> was awakened by her son, in the middle of the night, because his, um...
> 'willie' was in a bind.  Her son is 10 and uses an insulin pump - with short
> tubing.  This is NOT something I have had to think about as I have a daughter
> who pumps.  My friend's attempt to describe this penile predicament and how
> she would go about explaining it to somebody in the ER had me bouncing from
> concern to tear inducing laughter.  Please don't hold this against me.  I am
> only human and my friend took advantage of my sleep deprived state to zing me
> with many puns and 'picture this' scenarios.  All kidding aside though, this
 > could have serious consequences. This was NOT LOOSELY WRAPPED. He awoke in a
 > lot of pain and who knows what may have happened as a result. Mom is bringing
> him to the doc today and I told her I would put a posting on the IP to gather
> some input for her.

Och, the poor wee son!! Bless him!

If he puts the pump into a little pocket or pouch, perhaps he could twirl
the excess tubing around a couple of fingers and then tuck that into the
Pump pouch? If he's using one of those waist belts with the pouch attached
to it, he could then leave all that in there and not have a 'trail' of
tubing to get tangled in...

-- Computer programmers don't byte, they nibble a bit.
Jenny Sutherland