[IP] Animas Pump Question

Fellow Pumpers,
I've noticed in the last month that when I wake up my pump the screen is  dark
and very faint.  The backlight is also dim even after a battery change.  I've
been pumping since Oct. and when the pump was new the screen was very easy to
read and the backlight was always bright.  I rely on the backlight so my
batteries (Energizer 357 from Animas) only last from 19 - 21 days.

I called the company, the tech was great and sent a refurbished replacement to
me in less than 24 hours.  However, this pump also acts the same way.  Now I'm
not sure whether I should keep the one the company sent me or keep my own.
Has anyone had a similar experience with their Animas IR 1000?  Is this a
normal occurrence with aging?
Any suggestion?