Re: [IP] paradigm reservoir refilling

> Hi all. Just got my new paradigm Monday night. I use at least 60 units a
> and was using my reservoirs 2 times with the 508. I tried tonight to reuse
> it with my new pump and found that I could not pull air back into the
> reservoir in order to push it into the vial in order to draw up a new load
> of insulin.

I don't have a Paradigm, but you might be able to do what I do when filling
my reservoirs.  I withdraw a little insulin into the reservoir, then take a
regular syringe with the plunger removed and put it in the insulin vial.  As
I fill the reservoir with insulin, the vacuum is replaced with air, and as
an added bonus, as long as I'm sure to remove insulin away from the bubble
stream, I get fewer air bubbles in my reservoir!

I got this idea right here from IP.  I hope it helps.  If you're using 60
units a day, you probably really do want to reuse them.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990