Re: [IP] support group [Hamilton Ontario]

>Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 01:51:24 -0400
>From: "Mike Moffat" <email @ redacted>
>Subject: [IP] support group
>HI can anyone tell me if there is a support group in the Hamilton, Ontario
>Canada area or if there is anyone interested in starting one. Mike in Canada

Mike et all,

One of the purposes of Insulin Pumpers Canada is to help people get
support groups going by way of trying to provide connections to other
like-minded people in your area.  I run the Simcoe County Insulin
Pumpers, up the road form you all in Hamilton and also am part of the
new Insulin Pumpers Canada.  The only other pump support group in
Ontario (that we know of so far) is Quinte Insulin Pumpers in
Belleville (also somewhat affiliated with IPC).

Please see our websites and drop me an email, Mike (or anyone else)
as we may be able to help you get a group going in Hamilton.  (I know
from speaking to many people in your area that there ***is a need***
for one!  We have many around there who would like to come to our
meetings in Simcoe County but the distance is too great....

Darrin Parker
Ontario, Canada

I have used the insulin infusion pump for over two years thanks to
the support of wonderful internet friends & the

The Pump gave me better control than I had achieved in 27 years of
MDI!  Best pre-pump HeA1c = 9.2.  1st & 2nd post-pump HeA1c = 5.1 &