[IP] wrapped around wee willie

This morning I was awakened EARLY by a phone call from a friend of mine who
was awakened by her son, in the middle of the night, because his, um...
'willie' was in a bind.  Her son is 10 and uses an insulin pump - with short
tubing.  This is NOT something I have had to think about as I have a daughter
who pumps.  My friend's attempt to describe this penile predicament and how
she would go about explaining it to somebody in the ER had me bouncing from
concern to tear inducing laughter.  Please don't hold this against me.  I am
only human and my friend took advantage of my sleep deprived state to zing me
with many puns and 'picture this' scenarios.  All kidding aside though, this
could have serious consequences.  This was NOT LOOSELY WRAPPED.  He awoke in a
lot of pain and who knows what may have happened as a result.  Mom is bringing
him to the doc today and I told her I would put a posting on the IP to gather
some input for her.

"ahem"...As an insulin pumper, and a male, or parent of a pumping male, has
this particular "penis vs tubing" predicament been a problem?

Any suggestions as to how it can be avoided?  Any suggestions about
anything??

'nuff said......

regards
Barb

Executive Director - Insulin Pumpers Canada
Chair - Insulin Pumpers Nova Scotia
Visit our National Website at http://www.insulin-pumpers.ca
Visit our personal Pumping Website at http://www.canadianbutterfly.ca

Barb Chafe