Re: [IP] Re: Why wait (so long) to pump ?

> I'm glad to hear you've found so many good endo's in KC.  My experience
> when I was living there was just the opposite.  The endo I saw (he was
> with St Lukes) was terrible.

That's too bad.  I don't know when you were in KC, but I was seeing endos
there from about 1985-1993.  I saw two different ones and knew of another
whose approach was similar to theirs.

It could be that you were in KC either too early or too late!  It is also
certainly possible that there were good ones and bad ones there.  Chances
are that is the case in a number of different places.  It just seemed that
this daughter of my father's coworker had a terrible time finding a single
ONE in the east.

It blows my mind that there are endos practicing out there who are SO BAD.
Like the one someone mentioned who recommends no boluses for food.  Or, like
all the ones including a couple you mentioned, who require you to have
either better control to go on the pump, or not be quite so successful!
Then there are the ones who are like the one Len mentioned when he started
this thread, who never bother to inform their patients about their options
in handling their disease.  I don't understand how some of them can be
ignorant of things that are so totally common sense to many of us here.
What would account for those differences, when they were trained here in the
US, likely in institutions that the ADA and the JDRF would respect?  It
doesn't make sense.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990